Sunday, March 27, 2011

Running shoe companies: Where are the cute shoes for me?!

I have flat feet and I over-pronate, thus I need motion control shoes. It seems like running shoe companies think over-pronators are under-stylish. Here's what I drool over when it comes to shoes:


Love the blue & orange contrast.

My dream shoe. Black with lime green accents. Sigh.

Purple! 

They are all for neutral runners!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!! And here's what shoe designers have come up with for over-pronators, like me:

Most of the blue accents are on the bottom of the shoe, because that's the part of your shoe you see when you look down... right.

Let's not get TOO crazy with those bright, bold, accent colors.

I can't even come up with something smart-assed and sarcastic for this. It's just UGLY.

See my frustration? I am dying for a stylish running shoe with enough support for me. This is what I'm running on right now, and trust me, it's the most stylish one out there. Asics Gel Foundation 9. At least the blue accents are visible... kind of.

Dear running shoe, I love you. You fit so well, you support my feet, help my knee, keep me injury free, but could you at least try to be cute? No?

What's the deal? Why don't running shoe companies put any design effort into their motion control shoes? I envy those girls at the gym with neutral arches and the cute shoes. I'm considering writing to every shoe company and begging them to put more effort into the motion control designs. We over-pronators like style too!

Sigh. Maybe someday.

What kind of feet do you have? What brand of running shoe do you own? Does style affect what shoes you buy? Are you one of those lucky girls who have neutral feet and can buy stylish shoes?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this post! Where are my cute shoes? Although, if you say those are nuetral maybe I could try them. I supinate and have neutral shoes now... but they works so I will stick with them!

    ReplyDelete